Thursday, May 1, 2008

Field & Lecture

Pete had some technical difficulties launching the poll for the field session movie night...hopefully we can get it done tomorrow. I'm half glad for the difficulty because I have two announcements and I prefer to make them today rather than wait:

  1. We will be conducting a controlled surface collection of the fields south of Port Tobacco. So far, weather permitting, we plan to be there from 9:30AM to 3PM this Sunday and Monday. We will rendezvous in front of the courthouse. Volunteers welcome. Please contact me at JamesGGibb@comcast.net if you are interested in participating.
  2. On May 13, the Charles County Archaeological Society will meet at the old Train Station in La Plata, 7:30PM to 9PM. I will speak about a ca. 1690-1730 site that I excavated in southern Prince George's County, a site likely to be similar to its contemporaries in the Port Tobacco. A brief discussion for our new bylaws and election of officers will precede the talk.

We are gearing up for an eventful summer.

Jim

No comments: