Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Good Doctor



Today is the birthday of the illustrious Dr. James G. Gibb, founder of the Port Tobacco Archaeological Project and winner of the 2006 William B. Marye Award, which honors individuals who have made outstanding contributions to Maryland archeology. Jim has made an outstanding contribution (or two) to all of us who have the pleasure of being involved in the Port Tobacco project. Personally, Jim gave me my first real archaeology job almost exactly 9 years ago. Since then Jim has been a mentor, a friend, and a general pain in my butt. We've worked together on many a project and I fear this trend may continue. I'm doomed. Doomed!

Happy Birthday Jim!

-April

1 comment:

Jim said...

I am honored, humbled...and shocked by that picture! The woodchuck on my machete is road kill! No animals were harmed in the making of this project.