Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Switching Gears

I have finished this round of library research here at Binghamton. I compiled some more interesting references which I will blog about in the days to come. I've also picked up a copy of Kim Kihl's Port Tobacco: A Transformed Community, which I look forward to reading in the next few days.

We are back out at Port Tobacco for fieldwork starting this Friday. The plan is to do some additional mapping and continue shovel test pitting in the field south of the courthouse. I am going to try to take some video of us so our readers can get a better sense of the site and the techniques used.

If you have any questions or suggestions about our work or the blog please feel free to leave a comment here.

-April

1 comment:

John Fiveash said...

I just wanted to point out that members of the Archeological Society of Maryland can participate in many facets of this survey project. Anyone interested should contact Jim Gibb for details.